RETROGRAD is looking for new articles and contributions!
As a collaborative platform, we are looking for creative young people with an interest in architecture, urbanism, design, photography and popular culture. Contributions can range from interviews, articles and creative writing to photo-essays, illustrations and short films.
In particular, we are interested in:
- The relationship between ideology, architecture and urban planning in the East, the West and beyond.
- ‘Stories’ behind buildings, their architects and their inhabitants as reflections of larger societal, economic and political developments.
- The transformation of cities through street art, graffiti and other forms of resistance and ‘re-appropriation’.
- Objects of ‘(n)ostalgia’.
- The ‘inner life’ of buildings: interior design and everyday life behind concrete walls.
RETROGRAD is not an academic project and we welcome submissions from individuals of a variety of backgrounds. We are also keen to expand our team and are always on the lookout for volunteers in the roles of graphic designers, web-designers and illustrators.
As a voluntary project, we are currently not able to pay for contributions.
Whatever your interests, skills and background, we’d love to hear from you! Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org